Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday outing

On Fridays I don't have school or student teaching, so Elias stays home with me. He's always excited about staying home. Today we decided to take the bus to Powells (the really enormous bookstore downtown). Powells is one of Elias' favorite places to go. Our mission today was to pick up a couple more books in the Oz series and buy a gift for a birthday party tomorrow morning. Since Christmas we have barreled through the two Oz books Elias got as presents -- three down, eleven to go.

We got on the bus and Elias happily played with his little figures for the the 1/2 hour ride. Ever since we have stopped using the car as our primary form of transportation, Elias has become a very frequent bus rider. He does well and really seems to like it. When we got to Powells we picked out two Oz books and I looked for a birthday gift while Elias looked at books. We ende up staying there much longer than I had anticipated and Elias still wasn't happy about leaving. It was lunch time when we left, so I asked E if he wanted to go to the brewery where he could get a sandwich and fries or get conveyor belt sushi. Elias chose sushi, even though we had to wait fifteen minutes to get a seat. Can I just say that my son is awesome and has great taste? After lunch we got back on the bus and E fell asleep. This evening we'll be going to Elias' first ballet class. A few of his other friends are also enrolled and I can't wait. One of my friends loaned me a black leotard for him and I think that I am more excited than he is. After ballet we're all going to have dinner together... lasagna, I think.

No comments: